Weymouth and Portland National Sailing Academy is proud to offer our world class facilities to classes and the Royal Yachting Association (RYA) for their squad trainings. All levels of sailors come here to train from Zones, Junior and Youth Squads up to the British Sailing Team and foreign visiting teams.
We are able to offer a wide range of facilities including:-
- Large dinghy park to store your boat during the training
- Two dinghy slipways (220m width in total) accessible at all states of the tide
- Soft rigging area for windsurfers
- Small and large lecture rooms with white boards, either a television or projector, wet floors
- Cafeteria offering a wide range of food, drinks and snacks
- Changing rooms with showers for male and female, under and over 18 years
- Drying room
- Event Hall for fitness training, rigging, fine tuning boats
- Spinnakers function room may be booked for briefings (dry only)
- Hire of equiment e.g. race training equipment
- Three fixed cranes for boats up to 4 tonnes
Squad training is organised booked through the class association secretaries and/or training officer, the RYA or foreign sailing teams.
Sailors may leave their boat on a trailer here temporarily between training or events. Please see Reception to arrange at a charge of £16 per week per trailer.
N.B. If you are wanting to book a training course for sailing, windsurfing, stand-up paddle boarding or powerboats, please see Get on the Water.